DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8.1.7.4 upgrade

8.1.7.4 upgrade

Hi All,
    Due to the 24/7 nature of our business my company is quite reluctant in moving to 8.1.7.4 patch. We are still on 8.1.7.0 for production stability reasons.
    In the past months I have come across a few issues and Oracle support always recommended patch 4 because most of them were fixed in that patch anyway.

My question to you guys is, if you have faced any issues after putting the patch 4. Going thru all the documentation (bug fixes) on OTN for all the versions/upgrades after 8.1.7.0, throws up lots of information.
    One issue I do remember was Exp/Imp was giving wrong results (in some unique cases) in 8.1.7.4 while this problem didn't exist in 8.1.7.0. The workaround was to use 8.1.7.0 exp/imp binaries (not acceptable to management)
    Are you aware of any more such issues that broke things in 8.1.7.4 that were fine in 8.1.7.0

Thanks,
    - Rajeev
    Rajeev Suri

not from I know of.

8.1.7.4.1 should be more stable than 8.1.7

There were a couple of issues with the 8.1.7.1 patchset, but 8.1.7.4 has been pretty stable. I have been on 8.1.7.4 for about 6 months on two of my production boxes and there have been no "show stoppers". Of course, I have applied about 6 one-off patches to 8.1.7.4 to correct ORA-600/7445 issues, but all-in-all, I think it is pretty stable.
    Jeff Hunter

I did upgrade 4 databasess to 8.1.7.4...and all are stable.we are not finding any error for more tahn 6-7months.looks very good.

Thanks.
    Thanigaivasan.