Currently I'm tasked with monitoring our Oracle Database which powers or OSS system. There's no one onsite with any degree Oracle experience. My manager wants me to become an OCDBA 8i and will pay for my testing. I'm trying to grasp the concepts in the SYBEX Oracle8i SQL and PL/SQL study guide and I seem to be struggling when taking the self-tests. I have no practical knowledge of Oracle or DB admin other than what I have picked up on my own and from books. I want to proceed with the Oracle path but I feel like I'm going no where fast. The PL/SQL sections, blocks, control structures, and cursors just seem beyond my grasp. I understand SQL to a degreee and can write simple queries and an occasional subquery. With my background, and lack of experience would it make more sense to look at preparing and understanding the PL/SQL exam or the Architecture and Administration exam? Should one fully understand the concepts of PL/SQL before taking the Architecture and Admin exam? Someone please help me down the right path. I just don't know how to proceed.