DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you want from Technical Support?

IMHO the support from Dell (we're talking dell here right) for RAC is very week. Look on SUN, IBM or HP for docs on RAC and you'll see oddles of guides an manuals. The deel site has nadda, zip, zippo.

Also, the on call support for dell leaves much to be desired. It's like a lottery, let's keep swapping parts out until we solve the problem.

I like my desk top dell and woudl recommend one to anyonye, for dell to be a serious player in the server market I think they need to step up or make their subject matter experts more asvailable through the frot line channels.

steve
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

Thank you for some more feedback on your support experience. If anyone has more support concerns I am open to hear and act on them.

Do many of you purchase Gold support from Dell or just standard support?

I appreciate any information that everyone can provide so that I can do my part to improve and provide more to this community.

Have a great day!
    Russell Johnson
    MCDBA, MCSE, Linux+

Originally posted by russ960
    Thank you for some more feedback on your support experience. If anyone has more support concerns I am open to hear and act on them.

Do many of you purchase Gold support from Dell or just standard support?

I appreciate any information that everyone can provide so that I can do my part to improve and provide more to this community.

Have a great day!

gold
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message