Because i had noted that i was very bad in my explanation of my problem .. and because my friend alapps and friend akhadar had

advised me in some points which i had tried them before , i want to apologize to the two friends and explain the problem clearly

again ..

My problem with the all details :
----------------------
I work with Oracle 8.0.5
I have two database on the same server ..
Database NO.1 is prof . ( It is the main database )
Database NO.2 is recv . ( It is the database of recovery catalog )
When the server has no started database , i startup the ( prof ) database with the following statment :
startup database pfile=e:\databases\prof_database\profinit.ora open prof
the database starts very well , and every thing are ok ..
but when i need any data from the another database , i write the following statment :
startup database pfile=e:\databases\recv_database\recvinit.ora open recv
i receive the following message :
ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first
----------------------
If i shut down the first database :
shutdown immediate ;
it shuts down softly , and when i startup the another like :
startup database pfile=e:\databases\recv_database\recvinit.ora open recv
is starts up softly also ..
----------------------
what is which i had tried it and it hadn't worked :

1- I had tried to change the order of the two database in the startup . it hadn't worked .
2- I had tried to change the the ( oracle_sid ) parameter in the registry from -prof- to -recv- and in the reverse . but it hadn't worked .
3- I had tried to create another listener , and i had included it the address of the another database ( recv ) in the value of the listener sid_list parameter , and i had started it , but i was very bad in this step , because i didn't know what had happened , and the
database hadn't started never .
4- I had looked in Oracle documentation , about this problem and i had looked for ( startup multiple database on the same server )
but i had found the information about parallel server which benefits us to work with more than one instance of one database , and so , i hadn't found any thing ..
5- I had looked in the google , but i hadn't found any useful points .. all which i had found are about parallel server .. and about distributed database system ..
6- i had tried some changing in the parameter file of the two database , and i had added to the two database the parameter ( instance_name )with different name for each database , in spite of i know that is this parameter is related to oracle 8.1.6 and it is undefined in Oracle 8.0.5 , becuaae i had thought that Oracle dosen't startup the another database because of the similarity confusion of the name of instance . and this step also hadn't worked .
7- I had tried to distract my manager in the office about asking me of this problem , and also this step hadn't worked , and he is asking me every day ..

Is it a problem of names , parameters , configurations , memory , instance name , or it is something else ??

I'm just a small beginner DBA work with a big programming company , and i'm in the testing time now ..please help me ..

Dears .. Please , if any one want to ask me anything about any small detail which i had omitted it , please ask me because this

problem is very important to me ..