DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Standby DB Recover Failure

Standby DB Recover Failure

HI all,
    I'm trying to build a standby server. Everything goes just fine until using the recover command from standby database for updating the standby database.

The problem is that I get the error message indicating that the system file is from before resetlogs which is not since I have backuped up the system (opend) after
    using resetlogs open of open database commend.
    Do you know how to bypass this failure.
    The error messages getting from stand database is as follows:

SQL> recover standby database;
    ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
    ORA-01190: controlfile or data file 1 is from before the last RESETLOGS
    ORA-01110: data file 1: '/opt/apps/oracle/product/8.1.5/dbs/oradata/soldb/system01_SOL.dbf'

And the alert file indicating:

ORA-000283 faiure.
    Any idea what is wrong. The failure is generate of controlfile or system file. The controlfile has been generated for standby database

Regards
    Hamhey

I have a physical standby with standby redo logs ( SRLs )running here in my basement lab. I have one in production at work that needs SLRs and their staging standby pair they had to disable. I will be fixing them but had to stop when I noticed there were no backups being taken!

Next week I will be all over this subject again so I'll check back on this thread.

Did you do this for the new standby?

SQL> ALTER DATABASE CREATE STANDBY CONTROLFILE AS '/disk1/oracle/oradata/payroll/standby/payroll2.ctl'
    SQL> CREATE PFILE='GLBL3STDBY.ORA' FROM SPFILE

and this..

CREATE SPFILE FROM PFILE=’initpayroll2.ora’;

SQL> STARTUP NOMOUNT;
    SQL> ALTER DATABASE MOUNT STANDBY DATABASE;
    SQL> ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE DISCONNECT FROM SESSION;

Did you copy all the datafiles over from the primary?

I am going to put a doc together next week on how to manually set one up and verify it so I'll be sure to post it.