DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Executing Procedure

Executing Procedure

I have a procedure that does an update to a table owned by a user A.
    I create a public synonym for this procedure and grant execute on this procedure to a Role which is then granted to User B.

The update successfully happens through the procedure if UserA (owner) runs the procedure but the procedure runs fine WITHOUT doing the update if USerB runs it. If we drop and recreate the synonym and then if uSerB runs this procedure the update goes through.

We have other similar procedures that run fine through the above process but this one seems to have problems.

Do you have any thoughts.

thx

Re: Executing Procedure

Originally posted by tansdot
    I create a public synonym for this procedure and grant execute on this procedure to a Role which is then granted to User B.

thx
    Try granting the excute priveledge directly to the user B rather that through a role..

regards
    Hrishy

Is USERA granted the UPDATE privilege to that table to the ROLE or to the USERB ???

But you know, the similar behavior works for all the other procedures.

Hi

can you post the source code of that proceedure .

regards
    Hrishy

Re: Re: Executing Procedure

Originally posted by hrishy
    Try granting the excute priveledge directly to the user B rather that through a role..

regards
    Hrishy
    Really dosent matter as far as the PROC that need to executed is not being called in another PROC or Trigger or any stored PL/SQL code.

Originally posted by Sekhar

Is USERA granted the UPDATE privilege to that table to the ROLE or to the USERB ???
    This is immaterial.

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Re: Executing Procedure

Originally posted by tansdot

The update successfully happens through the procedure if UserA (owner) runs the procedure but the procedure runs fine WITHOUT doing the update if USerB runs it. If we drop and recreate the synonym and then if uSerB runs this procedure the update goes through.

We have other similar procedures that run fine through the above process but this one seems to have problems.

Do you have any thoughts.

thx
    Did you use "authid" in your procedure???
    -nagarjuna