DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: scheduling sql loader

scheduling sql loader

hi all

I recently updated a table in windows 2000 server and oracle 816, using sql loader and flat files. I would like to know how to schedule sql loader for loading purposes in the evenings. Please guide me on how to write a script or guide me to a web page .

thnakx
    ICEMAN

If it was UNIX you could use crontab, but I think in Windows env there is a schedualar, that you can configure to execute a job.

Originally posted by irehman
    If it was UNIX you could use crontab, but I think in Windows env there is a schedualar, that you can configure to execute a job.
    Correct.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

scheduling sql loader

You will want to create a BAT program that executes your script. Then place the execution of this BAT file in the Schedules Task wizard under Programs...Accessories...System Tools...Scheduled task...

You might be able to do this straight as a sqlloader.exe task but I have never tried.

Hope this helps,
    Miller
    There is no "patch" for stupidity.