DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replication(snapshot group)ORA-23313

Hybrid View

Replication(snapshot group)ORA-23313

Hi everybody.I am having some prob in replication.I have one master site ,and configured a master group (SCOTT_MG)also.My master database name is "orcl" (it's on oracle 8i (8.1.5) Enterprise edition) .

I have configured a snapshot site on oracle 8i(personal edition)and database name is "pora" .But I am having problems when I am creating a snapshot group in my snapshot site.Ther error is
    ORA-23313 -"PUBLIC.SCOTT_MG" not mastered on orcl.

I have Master group is created successfully ,added objects to master group and given replication support and resumed replication at master site.

Global_names=true in both master and snapshot sites.Pl note ,I have only one master site and only one snapshot site.

Pl reply back soon.

Better keep Global_names=False.
    What about your database links? Are they created parfectly?.Are u able to connect from your snapshot site to Master site?.

Check the following documentation on Metalink
    http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/...id=1013293.102

Thanks,
    Oracle documentation says prerequisite for replication is -
    in all the master & snapshot database site ,Global_names must be set to true.
    but if I set global_names=true at snapshot site ,I can't connect to server db ,
    SQL>select * from employee@orcl; (orcl = dblink name to server)
    Error:ORA-02085 rcl links to ORACLE.

my database links are created fine.
    After setting global_names=false at snapshot site,I can connect to server db using my dblink.
    SQL>select * from employee@orcl;
    I get my desired output.

In Personal oracle my database name is -pora but the sid is orcl
    In server my database name -orcl and sid -orcl ,is that of any problem.

But my problem remains as such.Even if I set global_names=false at snapshot site I get the same error message on creation of snapshot group.
    ORA-23313(PUBLIC."SCOTT_MG" not mastered on orcl).

Bye

What is your OS? How that comes having different database name and Sid.

Hi at snapshot site the OS is Windows -98
    During installation of Personal oracle 8i it shows the SID is orcl and doesnot allow to change the SID though the db name can be specified.

at server the oS -windows NT
    bye

Why don't u change your SID so that it can matches with your DB_NAME.This u can accomplish by recreating your control file.

Hi akhadar

Is it the sole cause of the error I am getting during creation of snapshot group?
    I can try as U adviced,but I would also like to know why is it recommended to set global_names=true during replication at all master & replication sites and what if anybody doesnot do that??

Pl help me if U have got the answer.
    bye

It sounds like you're combining snapshot & multimaster replication. Can you detail exactly what your setup is?

Eg, Is orcl the master definition site for SCOTT_MG (a multimaste replication group?). Who else is a master for this multimaster group, pora?

Are you trying to create a seperate snapshot refresh group on pora, or trying to add pora as a master to the SCOTT_MG multimaster group?

If you're using only multimaster, you need to do everything from the master definition site (most likely orcl). If you try to do something to a group on a node that is not the master definition site, you will get the error you encountered.

hi,

Look I have only one master site and one snapshot site configured.
    Orcl is the database on master and pora is the database on snapshot sites.I have created a master group named SCOTT_MG on master site.
    added all objects to master group and given replication support and resumed replication.Am I skipping any step,Is it not possible to set up one master site with a master group and one snapshot site with a snapshot group and do replication between these objects.

bye