DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: changing #owner column in sys.obj$

Hybrid View

changing #owner column in sys.obj$

I want to move some tables from one schema to another, in the same tablespace.

I've read that changing sys.obj$ will work but it's not recommended by oracle. Anyone know the reason why it's not recommended?

would of though it was obvious - because there is a big chance of breaking everything severly.

Probbaly quicker to do it the proper way as well

Sys schema is Oracle Super user schema, Oracle doesn't like people playing with it our own way(not oracle recommeded way) and appraoch them saying, my database is corrupt.

There are some undocumented procedures exists in real world which are succesful in implemetation but, those are published by experts who tested in their test environments and says it works. But, experts know all the implications of doing those undocumented/not recommended procedures.

Hope you got it.
    Reddy,Sam

Re: changing #owner column in sys.obj$

Originally posted by onlysimon
    I want to move some tables from one schema to another, in the same tablespace.

I've read that changing sys.obj$ will work but it's not recommended by oracle. Anyone know the reason why it's not recommended?
    Take it from me don't touch those tables... I did it once on my test database and every thing went beserk....

Had to recreate the database.
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

okeydoke, i get the message.