DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: starting oracle forms 9

Question starting oracle forms 9

Hi
    This is the first time I've used this forum as I have just installed Oracle Forms Builder 9 for the first time today.
    My initial problem is that I load up the builder and try to connect to my database with no luck. Each time I receive an "ORA-12535: TNSperation timed out" error. I don't understand why this is because I can ping the database ok from DOS, I can connect using SQL*Plus and I can log on with OEM.
    Any ideas greatly appreciated, thanks,
    Barry

Which SQL*Plus? The one under ORACLE_HOME for the RDBMS, or the one under ORACLE_HOME for Forms? Forms comes with its own version on SQL*Plus, plus its own directory of OH/network/admin, which includes its own copies of tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora. Which set are you using?

hi. i've just seen the other sql*plus (under Oracle9i Application Server/Application Development), tried it and it's ok.
    now here's the weird thing. i've just retried connecting through forms, truncated the global db name in the database box to just the SID and it worked! well, i'm absolutely sure that didn't work before but i'm happy for the moment. maybe the connection through the 2nd sql*plus altered sthg!
    thanks for your help anyway...