DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rac Windows/2000

Rac Windows/2000

Hi OPS/RAC Gurus,
    It is possible to partition Storage Area Newtwork(SAN) hard disk into Oracle Clustered File(OCF) System, and NTFile System(NTFS), for staging of RAC Oracle Database, and a sandalone Oracle database on same node, in a two node Microsoft Cluster on Windows/2000 environment ?

Thanks in advance
    Prasad Vadlamani
    Sr.Oracle DBA
    OCP 8i/9i
    Last edited by pvadlama; 04-10-2003 at 03:53 PM.

assuming you mean an Oracle Cluster and not a MS cluster as of course RAC does work on a windooze cluster. But yes, you can mix and match ocfs and ntfs on your SAN if you so desire.

steve
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

Steve,
    Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify my question. Assuming a Oracle Database is running on RAC environemnt on a two node cluster(Windows/Oracle cluster). It is possible to create a non clustered, database on either of these nodes of the same cluster?, sharing SAN.

Thanks

What u are going to achive by keeping the nonclustered databases on individual nodes? u doesn't want to utilise the functionality of cluster?

Originally posted by pvadlama
    Steve,
    Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify my question. Assuming a Oracle Database is running on RAC environemnt on a two node cluster(Windows/Oracle cluster). It is possible to create a non clustered, database on either of these nodes of the same cluster?, sharing SAN.

Thanks
    it sure is possible, in fact our config is OCFS w/ RAC for our HR db
    and then I have a rman/em instance (no rac) with datafiles on ocfs. Who wants to pay $10,000/processor for your maintenace db if rac is not necessary.

steve
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

Steve,
    Thanks for the information. Appreciate your response.