DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle 9i additional resource requirements

Oracle 9i additional resource requirements

Hi,

We plan to upgrade all our databases from 8.1.7.4 to 9.2. Appreciate your feedback on the additional resource requirements in terms of CPU and Memory. We run HPUX 11-64Bit and Solaris 8 64Bit in our environment.

This is just to set user expectations as well as to plan for any hardware upgrades, as 9i has additional functionality.

Thanks.

Manjunath Baliga

Just did th same thing ourselves -- only isue we found was that we needed more disk space allocated for software -- it's a big install.

Other than that you should find that the additional memory and resource management techniques available (PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET, for example) will help you make better use of your existing hardware. I wouldn't plan at the moment on needing more memory or cpu.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Any way now a days hard disk is a problem for any org. Only problem we got is webdb(now oracle 9i as portal) is running on 8.1.7 . When we migrated to 9i we got lot of problems . Like I can't drop the user. I contacted oracle . Solution is I got disable system triggers and drop user and enable triggers back for maintainence.

CPU wise no problems.
    Raghu