DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Svrmgrl

Hybrid View

Svrmgrl

Hi all:

In Oracle 9i, where went SVRMGRL. Is there any program that substitute it??

Thanks a lot!!
    Adilsom José Musskopf
    Live like each of your days was the last.

If you would have read the friendly manual and 9i upgrade guide, you would have found out that svrmgrl is no longer supported.
    Jeff Hunter

use sqlplus

Must be the last person on the face of the planet using Oracle who did not know that. I knew he/she was out there somewhere, waiting, just waiting, to ask that question. Where were you when JFK was shot? Where were you when Challenger blew up? Where were you when Reagan was shot? These are all cultural timestamps, everyone can remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. Now, you can add the timestamp related to "Where were you when the last person on Earth using Oracle learned server manager no longer exists as of Oracle9i?"

Re: Svrmgrl

Adilsom José Musskopf
    No man is an Island...
    He was on the island
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Originally posted by stecal
    Must be the last person on the face of the planet using Oracle who did not know that. I knew he/she was out there somewhere, waiting, just waiting, to ask that question. Where were you when JFK was shot? Where were you when Challenger blew up? Where were you when Reagan was shot? These are all cultural timestamps, everyone can remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. Now, you can add the timestamp related to "Where were you when the last person on Earth using Oracle learned server manager no longer exists as of Oracle9i?"
    I'll bet he's not the last...
    Jeff Hunter

Re: Re: Svrmgrl

Originally posted by adewri
    He was on the island
    ROTFL
    Jeff Hunter

Originally posted by marist89
    I'll bet he's not the last...
    You mean there are more on that "no man" island. SLimdave open one SOHK there...
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

It´s funny!! I used to thik that people who enter in a forum must be sure that there, they will find answers for all his questions, and, if they enter there, it´s because there are a lot of things they don´t know.
    I made this questions hopping exactly that answers were not like it really were!! I used to wait that people who know a lot about one subject, understand that they don´t learn completely by themselves, in a point of time there were someone who helped then to know what actually they know, and so, no one is an island, anyone need anything fron another.
    A forun is to make questions. If you don´t want to answer, be quiet, don´t use your knowledge to diminish other people.
    It was only a curiosity I had, and, like a frient asking to another, I did do this question. I never hope that will receive answers so bad educated. I used to thing that culture and education walks together, but you made me see that I am wrong!!!
    Sorry by my poor english, I am not a english man, but I try to learn, ans, anyway, thanks by your attention!!
    Adilsom José Musskopf
    Live like each of your days was the last.

1) Lighten up
    2) Your profile says your occupation is "DBA I." What kind of DBA, aside from not very knowledgeable? SQL Server? Understandable. Oracle? You left yourself wide open for that one.
    3) Assuming you are an Oracle DBA, based on your question, let me tell you that the database on/off switch is that little black button behind the CPU.
    4) technet.oracle.com metalink.oracle.com = free web sites with tons of information. Do you own any third party books on Oracle database administration? Doubtful. If you do, it's obvious you haven't read them.
    5) If you are an Oracle DBA, and have read even the most cursory information regarding startup and shutdown of a database, you would have seen words to the effect of "SVRMGRL is a deprecated feature." If you didn't know what that meant, you should have been asking a long time ago.
    6) As always, more than willing to provide answers to questions here and elsewhere. No one will pick on you at dbaclick.com, but then, the quality of answers there is not even 10% of what you get here. You want to be spoon fed, add www.dbaclick.com to your list of favorites.