Procedure

I have the followin Data in Excel Sheet:

Name ID Status Date
    --------- --------- ------------ ---------
    abc 101
    lmn 302
    pqr 2
    xyz 1000

I have Oracle 8i (8.1.7) Enterp Ed. on Win NT. There are around 600 to 900 records in the above Excel format. I require to put the Status & Date under the Status & Date column of the coresponding ID in the Excel sheet. I am taking each ID from Excel & execute it in the s/w which is made in D2k & get its Status & Date & then paste it under the Status & Date col in the Excel sheet.
    I am doing everything manually for 800 recs with takes 3-4 hours.
    Is there any way or procedure I can write in oracle & automate the process to save time. Waiting for ur reply.

Thank u.

Use Excel..

Export the tables's data (A simple Copy & Paste could work) that matters your requirements (ID, Status & Date)into another Excel sheet..

Once in Excel you can do the matching using VLOOKUP function to fill the blanks..

HTH

Procedure

What if the data is spread around more than 1 table?

Re: Procedure

Originally posted by sadiq
    What if the data is spread around more than 1 table?
    If this is your case.. just make a query that involves all the tables needed for get the information you need. Export query's data into Excel and work there as described before..

HTH

How about loading the data into oracle from excel first using sql*loader from csv. and then joining the table from the existing tables to get the required o/p in csv. that should save a lot of time.