DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9i retirement

9i retirement

Hi people!!

Does anyone have any idea if any of the 9i exams are retiring......I need to know at what gear I have to move on.

Sarah

I don't even think they issed a date for the 8i retirement so I think you have pleny of time.

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.

I hear that the 10i retirement date was posted online recently...anyone else see that?
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--

I had to do a recovery on a 7.1.6.2 database yesterday. I felt so.....well, dirty afterwards.

I wouldn't mind retiring myself, anyone want to sponsor me?

No, They are not retiring 9i just yet.

People haven't even started getting 9i certified in a 9i track yet. First to go will be 8i track ofcourse.
    Sumit Amar
    BCIP, OCP 9i -DBA, SCJP, SCWCD
    World Rankings

ok fine alright.... that was a dumb question to ask....but i just started with this oracle stuff..with no idea of what happened in history....had no idea about this reitirement stuff and all that and was to lazy to go back into history and find out.

Anyways guys thanks for helping me out

Sarah

Oracle University training requirement Deadline Error

When I decided to take my 1st exam in my OCA/OCP path, my intention was to sit it in time to avoid the extra hand-on course. I passed my 1st exam, Intro to SQL on Sept. 1st 2002.

Today I got an email and the Oracle web site states that those candidates who took their 1st exam "on or after September 1st, 2002" will be required to take the ILT.

However if you look at the previous webpage which is attached, it was stated "Candidates seeking Oracle9i DBA Certification who have taken at least one exam in the Oracle 9i DBA track by September 1, 2002 will be exempt from fulfilling the new requirement. However, candidates that register for their first exam after September 1st, 2002, will be required to complete the course requirement in addition to the four exams in the path to earn their Oracle9i DBA Certified Professional credential." Note that they did not use the phrase "on or after" as they are now but "after". Check www.oracle.com
    /education/certification/news/index.html?o9ionecourse_newdate.html
    Last edited by sekhar_777; 04-04-2003 at 11:22 PM.