DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JSP Reports in JDeveloper 9i

JSP Reports in JDeveloper 9i

Through JDeveloper, I created a Reports JSP and modified it through Report Builder and everything runs okay. But my problem is that I need a report to be based on dynamic parameters (in the WHERE clause). I did figure out how to hardcode a value for the report in the embedded xml (the xml is embedded in the JSP and actually runs the "report"), but I can't figure out how to pass a value from java (the JSP) to the embedded xml. Here is some more info:

In jspReport.jsp:
    // here is the java variable to pass in
    char vChar = 'R';

//this is the first line of the embedded xml that runs the report
    < !--
    < rw:report id="DynamicListReport" parameters="server=REPORT_SERVER&userid=user/pswd@db1&P_1=vChar ">
    -- >

The part: P_1=vChar does not work.
    It does work if this is done: P_1=R but then P_1 would not be dynamic, which I need it to be.

Is there some way to refrence the java varibale in the xml or pass it in some how? I know how to pass a variable to the JSP and assign it to a java variable, but then I would like the value of the varible to be used for the report.
    Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nick
    Oracle Developer

Thumbs up Answer found!

I finally figured it out. I found this example.

http://otn.oracle.com/products/repor...JSP/index.html

This example uses a param form atteched to the report itself. But I was looking for something with a seperate param form. Using this example and a intermediate knowledge of the workings of HTML, HTML forms, and JSP allowed me to make the param form seperate.

If anybody, has any questions, feel free to ask in a reply to this meesage and I'll answer if I can.

Nick
    Oracle Developer