DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dropping Tablespaces with missing datafiles

Originally posted by nagarjuna
    I did the same mistake Abhay did. Being rude in replies.

Now this is allegations ( Direct )....

Hrishy , Amar , Jurij ....had i ever been rude in replies....???????

And as far as Windows in concerned...
    we have 2 TB data...with spoasticated Win mirroring ... so we dont need any comlex back up stratagies....
    WE dont reboot machine once in week as u said...only reboot is required if any windows related patches are applyed....

as far as SQL Server DBA ... that you mentioned .. am not..
    well am not even Oracle DBA...to be frank ( coz i am fresher and jus joined company say 5 months back )....

You might be very very good DBA...but try respecting ppl.
    and thas my personel suggestion to u....

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Hi,

You can solve this problem by Recreating the controlfile but not including the missing datafile in the CREATE CONTROLFILE command.
    This allow you to drop the tablespace related to the missing datafile when your database ia started.

Thanks, Let me know when this Works...

Bhavin Hingu

Hi Abhay

Unequivocal NO Abhay was never rude Abhay like many people here , was always willing to help..sometimes he even went to simulate the problem..and that spirit i always admire in him.

Hello nagarjuna..Abhay is a excellent guy..i read this thread..i dont think so at any point of time he was rude..abhay just tested on windoze..so what the thread initiator did not mention his OS at all.

well abhay if you r fresher and just joined the company 5 months back..dude i am simple impressed by your skills and talents..you dont have to prove to anybody that you were nice :-)..we all know you were nice.

regards
    Hrishy

P.S:advice is like snow the softer it falls the deeper it sinks in

Originally posted by hrishy

Hello nagarjuna..i dont think so at any point of time he was rude..abhay just tested on windoze..so what the thread initiator did not mention his OS at all.

regards
    Hrishy
    Thanks Hrishy...:-)
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Smile

well abhay if you r fresher and just joined the company 5 months back..dude i am simple impressed by your skills and talents..you dont have to prove to anybody that you were nice

Wow Abhay if u'r only 5 months old in oracle.u'r really good man.

Guys unix maybe a superior os allowing u to do many things at the os level,windows is not too bad .Someone mentioned about rebooting every week.that's not true man.i feel win2k server is reliable in a clustered environment.
    Cheers
    Murali

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dropping Tablespaces with missing datafiles

Originally posted by nagarjuna

If you dont know, learn it.. Dont make sentences. Good DBAs should have patience. You dont have a bit of it. In UNIX, Oracle does not lock the files at OS level.

Dear Nagarjuna
    Sorry to comment on this but this forum is for people to find answers they do not know. And Abhay has been very helpful in this forum for many . And also you can see in many threads how he uses his language and has many times told many gurus not to use terms like 'RTFM' and acknowldges tehm to use 'RTM'. Maybe your a great DBA but see Abhay has posted twice asmuch as you have. Pls dont feel hurt. I am sorry if i have hurt you. Staying in madras(Merina pola sugam kedaikuma) has to be cool man. We are all trying to survive in deserts. All the best for your great career.God bless you

Dear Abhay
    my heartiest applauses your simply great.
    Success Consists of Getting Up Just One More Time Than You've Fallen Down
    Be Blessed