needs more recovery to be consistent - Page 2
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: needs more recovery to be consistent

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    126
    I get this error when i give
    SVRMGRL>recover database

    ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
    ORA-01610: recovery using the BACKUP CONTROLFILE option must be done

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    12
    Main problem is given by the shutdown abort that has left the database in an inconsistent state that cannot by solved by automatic instance recovery performed by Oracle at startup.
    This situation is similar to what sometimes happens with hot backup recovery.
    Please note that the following advice makes the database unsupportable by Oracle. So... it's your own risk!! Do not do it in Production databases.

    You can :
    - set the undocumented parameter "_allow_resetlogs_corruption" to TRUE ,
    - startup,
    - apply all available redo logs,
    - do a resetlogs startup,
    - shutdown
    - change the parameter back to FALSE
    - startup
    - take a full export of the database
    - rebuild the database


    ... and next time try to shutdown immediate!
    Corrado Mascioli

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    New Delhi, INDIA
    Posts
    1,796
    ok

    put _allow_resetlogs_corruption=true in your init.ora file and then open the database with resetlogs option.

    but i would still recommend you restore all your files from any recent cold backup

    HTH
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

    Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    126

    Unhappy

    i get the same error message even after i enabled the init.ora file option "_allow_resetlogs_corruption=true"

    SVRMGR> alter database open resetlogs;
    alter database open resetlogs
    *
    ORA-01248: file 7 was created in the future of incomplete recovery
    ORA-01110: data file 7: 'D:\ORACLE\ORADATA\DB\DATA01.DBF'

    any other option for recovering.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    New Delhi, INDIA
    Posts
    1,796
    Originally posted by fordikon
    i get the same error message even after i enabled the init.ora file option "_allow_resetlogs_corruption=true"

    SVRMGR> alter database open resetlogs;
    alter database open resetlogs
    *
    ORA-01248: file 7 was created in the future of incomplete recovery
    ORA-01110: data file 7: 'D:\ORACLE\ORADATA\DB\DATA01.DBF'

    any other option for recovering.
    Did you do a shutdown ??

    Shutdown,make changes in the init.ora file then startup mount, open database resetlogs.
    Last edited by adewri; 03-26-2003 at 11:12 AM.
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

    Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    12
    ... I raise my hands
    Corrado Mascioli

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    126
    yes.. i did shutdown immediate.. make the parameter in init.ora FALSE. and restarted the DB but with no success.

    any other way of doing this.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    New Delhi, INDIA
    Posts
    1,796
    Originally posted by fordikon
    yes.. i did shutdown immediate.. make the parameter in init.ora FALSE. and restarted the DB but with no success.

    any other way of doing this.
    _allow_resetlogs_corruption=true

    not false
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

    Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    126
    i made it true. shutdown immediate and restarted the db and got the same error.

    ORA-01589: must use RESETLOGS or NORESETLOGS option for database open

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    New Delhi, INDIA
    Posts
    1,796
    Originally posted by fordikon
    i made it true. shutdown immediate and restarted the db and got the same error.

    ORA-01589: must use RESETLOGS or NORESETLOGS option for database open
    ok do the following

    1. recreate the controlfiles with resetlogs option.
    2. let the value _allow_resetlogs_corruption be there.
    3. open database with resetlogs option.

    on how to recreate controlfiles refer to

    http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...threadid=34259
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

    Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width