server crashed
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: server crashed

server crashed

hi there

my server win 200 and oracle 816 crashed yesterday. After recovering with emergency disc, i found that one of my rollback segnments has been deleted or crashed. I couldn't find it. Now the application which uses oracle as back end takes a seperate kind of backup, so not possible to revoer the dbf file from there.

Is there anyway to recover a database where the one of the rollback segments has been deleted , and the database is in NoArchive Log Mode.

any help would be appreciated ????

thankx
    ICEMAN

Re: server crashed

Originally posted by iceman
    hi there

my server win 200 and oracle 816 crashed yesterday. After recovering with emergency disc, i found that one of my rollback segnments has been deleted or crashed. I couldn't find it. Now the application which uses oracle as back end takes a seperate kind of backup, so not possible to revoer the dbf file from there.

Is there anyway to recover a database where the one of the rollback segments has been deleted , and the database is in NoArchive Log Mode.

any help would be appreciated ????

thankx
    ICEMAN
    Three "Hail Mary's" and two "Our Father's" might do the trick. Otherwise with no backup and you're not in archivelog mode, you don't have much chance. Preserve your database and call Oracle support...
    Jeff Hunter
    marist89@yahoo.com
    http://marist89.blogspot.com/
    Get Firefox!
    "I pledge to stop eating sharks fin soup and will not do so under any circumstances."

Re: Re: server crashed

Originally posted by marist89
    Three "Hail Mary's" and two "Our Father's" might do the trick. Otherwise with no backup and you're not in archivelog mode, you don't have much chance. Preserve your database and call Oracle support...
    It seems that if there aren't a lot of uncommited transactions compared to the number and size of the redo logs, it might be possible to recover.

But once again I wouldn't want to bet my job on chance. Always use archivelog mode unless your data doesn't matter in which case build a db from scratch and start over.