DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CSV from 6i

CSV from 6i

Hi everybody,

1.I created the report in 6i.I also successfully generated the CSV file of the report.Now when i open this report in the MSExcel it opens the Text import wizard after successfully going thru the steps and finishing with the wizard the file runs successfully but my problem is how do i insert the labels(heading) for the columns. in the spread sheet.Pls if anybody has any idea or gone thru it do reply.

2.Can i generate directly the CSV report from my form.If i call .rep from the form how do i convert that report into the Dilimited file.

Thanks in advance
    pras
    Dream as if u'll live forever..Live as if u'll die today.

Yes. U can use package TEXT_FILE for it.

Thanks Shestakov,

Pls can u be a little more specific...or can u pls provide me the links/docs so that i can read it completely.Thanks again

pras

Thanks

Hi shestakov

sorry to disturb u again...i am creating a report...can u pls tell me how do u i increase the page layout size in the character mode.I tried as follows..
    1.at the module property palette i changed the property DESIGN IN CHARACTER UNITS ---YES
    2.Then at the layouts main section property palette i changed the property REPORT WIDTH AND REPORT HEIGHT TO 135 AND 80 RESPECTIVELY as there are 17 columns in my report...

but after these changes i am getting the error as REP-1352:The fonts specified for this report cannot be found for the character set specified by NLS_LANG.but if i do not make any changes in the property palette the report runs fine...pls tell me what i am doing wrong..Thanks again.

pras

As i can remember, because it was a 3 years ago:

-- in navigator:
    Page Layout --> Section --> Body (or Trailer/footer) open property inspector panel
    On this panel u can see properties like:
    1) Report Width
    2) Report Height

Then in :
    Paper Layout --> Tools -> Options -> Rulers
    1) Set Units to Character Cells
    2) Number of Snap Points Per Grid Spacing to 1

Then in:
    Format --> Font u can set font parameters (that can use ur printer)

I guess u set character mode report property for whole report.
    Good luck.

Hi Shestakov,

Thanks for the help...here are the tips i got from the help..

To set properties for an ASCII (character-mode) report:

1. If this is a new report:

In the Object Navigator, click the Reports node, then click in the toolbar.

2. Double-click (the properties icon) next to the report node to display the Property Palette.

3. Under the Report node, set the Width and Height properties as desired (e.g., 11 (or 15) width x 8.5 height for landscape or 8.5 width x 11 (or 15) height for portrait).

4. Under the Character Mode node:
    Set Design In Character Units to Yes.
    Set the Report Width and Report Height to the appropriate character-mode dimensions for the report (e.g., 132 (or 180) width x 66 height for landscape or 102 width x 85 (or 116) height for portrait).

5. In the Object Navigator, expand the Data Model node, then the System Parametersnode.

6. Double-click the MODE properties icon to display the Property Palette.

7. Under the Parameter node, set the Initial Value property to Character.

8. In the Object Navigator, double-click (the Layout Model node icon).

9. In the Layout Model view, choose FormatLayout OptionsRulers to display the Ruler Settings dialog box.

10. Set Units to Character Cells and Number of Snap Points Per Grid Spacing to 1. Click OK.

11. Click View in the menu bar and make sure that Snap to Grid is checked.

12. Choose ToolsPreferences to display the Preferences dialog box.

13. On the Preferences page, set Horizontal Interfield to 1 and Vertical Interfield to 0. Click OK.

14. Choose FormatFont, and select the font, style, and size that most closely approximates the character-mode font (e.g., Courier, Regular, 12 point).

Till point 13 everything works fine and i got the layout as i required i.e 132 column.But as soon as i changed the fonts to Courier,regular, 12 points my report builder hangs.Then i have to close the report builder.

I think there's some problem with the fonts setting which does not matches with the character mode font.
    Which are the other fonts that i can used in character-mode.

Thanks a lot
    pras