DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle Home in Registry

Oracle Home in Registry

Currently, I have 3 Oracle Home in one server on Windows NT.

HOME1=816 HOME2=817 HOME3=920

I deinstalled 816 and 817 using Universal Installer and manually removed all the directories and services that's related to 816 and 817.

I also removed the registry under controlsets to clean out the services...and I also removed HOME1 and HOME2. I changed default home to be HOME3 and modify everything so that evrything is pointing to HOME3 which is 920 database.

I was able to startup the 9i database and so far I haven't run into any problems....

My question is Did I removed anything that I shouldn't have in 816 or 817 softwares?

I have 816,817 and 920 softwares installed on this server b/c I was doing a migration.

I haven't gone to v9 yet, but that looks right compared to what I did for a 8.1.6 to 8.1.7 on NT. I presume that the db has already been migrated (the migration assistant uses the old home - I made the mistake once of deleting the old home before this step!).

I'm sure there was one thing you did that you didn't mention - a lot of shouting, screaming and swearing at Oracle for making this such a difficult and dangerous excercise!
    "The power of instruction is seldom of much efficacy except in those happy dispositions where it is almost superfluous" - Gibbon, quoted by R.P.Feynman

Originally posted by DaPi
    I haven't gone to v9 yet, but that looks right compared to what I did for a 8.1.6 to 8.1.7 on NT. I presume that the db has already been migrated (the migration assistant uses the old home - I made the mistake once of deleting the old home before this step!).

I'm sure there was one thing you did that you didn't mention - a lot of shouting, screaming and swearing at Oracle for making this such a difficult and dangerous excercise!
    Blame it on Windows for having a thing called Registry
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

99 out of 100 software manufacturers have cracked the "uninstall" concept, why not big 'O'?
    "The power of instruction is seldom of much efficacy except in those happy dispositions where it is almost superfluous" - Gibbon, quoted by R.P.Feynman

Originally posted by DaPi
    99 out of 100 software manufacturers have cracked the "uninstall" concept, why not big 'O'?
    That remaining 1 is Big 'O'
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!