DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lisioner ?

Lisioner ?

Hi all,

My question is : can i add lisioner dynamically ? if Y, how ?

------
    HTML

i cant understand the Q....wat do u mean my add listener dynamically???????

do u mean add contents dynamically?

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

yes,

i need clarification of this. Please.,

Multiple lisioners can lision single database, right. While creating the lisioner we should specify the protocol,host,port. right.
    my doubt is that,' how multiple lisioners invoke' ?

----
    HTML

Originally posted by seshib

Multiple lisioners can lision single database, right. While creating the lisioner we should specify the protocol,host,port. right.
    my doubt is that,' how multiple lisioners invoke' ?

----
    Thas correct...

to put things in easy and non tech way..any ways it wud rather be in a techi way..

Listeners listens to the client request and spwans dedicated server process on server side or can say redirects to prespwaned idle server process.

So now if u have many listeners listening to 1 DB...then wat functionality is achived by 1 listener so is achived by N listeners....decreasing the laod...
    u have to use different ports if u have multiple listeners.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Thanks for ur reply,

U mean to say that, another port means in same listener.ora file we have to add one more port with same protocol,host , right ?

----
    HTML

Originally posted by seshib
    Thanks for ur reply,

U mean to say that, another port means in same listener.ora file we have to add one more port with same protocol,host , right ?

----

That is true.all the listerners info will be stored in only one listener.ora file.all the listerners need not necessarily have the same protocol.But if u r using tcp/ip for all the listeners then every listener has to listen on a unique port.
    Cheers
    Murali

Thanks murali..

------
    HTML