DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: export table subset

Threaded View

export table subset

hello everybody!

My query is regarding the export utility of oracle 8i and want to know your thoughts about it.

oracle version: 8.1.7.0.0

I am performing an export of a subset of table data by providing a parameter file which has a list of table names and a query statement.

*******parameter file(paulexp.par)is given below***********
    buffer=10485760
    tables=FR_OBJECTTYPE_PAGES,
    FR_OBJECT_FRAMECOLUMNS,
    FR_OBJECT_FRAMEROWS,
    query=" where companyid=1 "

The export command that i am running from the DOS prompt is given below:-
    exp paul/paul@gendb file=paulexp parfile=c:\testexp\paulexp.par

The export worked fine and the dump file got created without giving any errors. Now when the import is run to import from the dump file then oracle is only importing the table structures and the subset table data along with constraints and indexes for these tables.
    It is not importing the other database objects like views,packages/procedures/sequences etc.

My questions :
    1)Why isn't it importing the views/packages/procedures/sequences/triggers along with the table and the subset data? My application needs all these objects along with the subset data in the new user that i create using the import utility.
    2)How can I solve this problem and export a subset of table data along with all the other database objects present in a user? In the help of export I didnt find any keyword to be mentioned explicitly to import the packages/views/procedures along with the list of table names and the query statement.

Thanks to all of you for your time and response.

Parijat Paul
    Last edited by parijat67; 03-21-2003 at 06:47 AM.