DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to become an ILT instructor?

How to become an ILT instructor?

Can someone clarify that? I've been hearing some misleading and different informations.

As fas as I know:
    - OCP is required (obviously), with a rate of 90% (on each exam, or average?)
    - OCM is NOT required.
    - A practical exam (based on explanation techniques) is required.

What are the steps? Is it necessary that the employer be a certified education partner or everybody can try it? I didn't find any special certifications like Microsoft has (MCT).
    An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
    —Friedrich Engels

I did an Oracle 8i SQL & PL/SQL (2 papers of development) from an Oracle Education Partner who had no OCP certified ILT instructors!

However, they claimed to have had some 'training for instructors' with Oracle Corp.

ILT instructor? Apply for a job at Oracle.

ILT instructor? Apply for a job at Oracle.
    Oracle leaves most of the training to third-party companies (certified training centers). Definitely, it's not necessary to be an Oracle employee.
    —Friedrich Engels

Although "ILT" applies as a descriptor in general for any instructor-led training, with Oracle, most people associate "ILT" as the instructor-led training from Oracle University, not a third party vendor. So, in this sense, if you want to be an ILT instructor, apply for a job with Oracle. If you want to teach Oracle using third party material, or material licensed to a certified partner/vendor (e.g., New Horizons, Global Knowledge, etc.), then apply for a job with them. Obviously, it is not necessary to be an Oracle Corp. employee to teach Oracle.

Although "ILT" applies as a descriptor in general for any instructor-led training, with Oracle, most people associate "ILT" as the instructor-led training from Oracle University, not a third party vendor. So, in this sense, if you want to be an ILT instructor, apply for a job with Oracle. If you want to teach Oracle using third party material, or material licensed to a certified partner/vendor (e.g., New Horizons, Global Knowledge, etc.), then apply for a job with them. Obviously, it is not necessary to be an Oracle Corp. employee to teach Oracle.
    stecal,

I see your point, but discussing semantics won't take us anywhere.

If it sounds better, I'll rewrite my question:

What are the requirements, defined by Oracle, that I should meet to be qualified as an Oracle instructor (it doesn't matter who are the employers, Oracle corp. or any certified partner)?
    —Friedrich Engels

well I know a couple of guys in global knowledge teaching dba courses with 0 certs or anything similar from Oracle, so I guess you dont need anything?

There are absolutely no requirements to teach Oracle. You can start your own company and start teaching Oracle DBA yourself.

Originally posted by pando
    well I know a couple of guys in global knowledge teaching dba courses with 0 certs or anything similar from Oracle, so I guess you dont need anything?
    I also know few Oracle instructors in Europe. Some of them are afraid to go the exams because of the possibility to fail. How do they go to work the very next day, right? You get the point, don't you :-))
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

How often do you check the instructors´ qualifications before signing up for ILT?
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g