dbms_job
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: dbms_job

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    411

    dbms_job

    how can I schedule this job to be run a 10:00pm everyday ???

    EXECUTE dbms_job.submit(:x,'procedure_name;',sysdate,'sysdate+1')
    commit;

    thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    4,439
    EXECUTE dbms_job.submit(:x, 'procedure_name;', TRUNC(sysdate)+22/24, 'TRUNC(sysdate)+1+22/24')
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    411
    thanks Jmodic

    the job was ran last night and I look into the NEXT_DATA column and it still show the date of yesterday which is 03/14/2003, I thought it has to be 03/15/2003 instead.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    4,439
    Originally posted by mike2000
    the job was ran last night and I look into the NEXT_DATA column and it still show the date of yesterday which is 03/14/2003, I thought it has to be 03/15/2003 instead.
    I don't know which time zone are you in, but here in Europe today is still 03/14/2003. I'm guessing you are in western hemisphere, so I think "your today" must also be 03/14/2003, not 03/15/2003, no? I guess something must be wrong with your callendar. Or am I wrong?
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    405
    Originally posted by mike2000
    thanks Jmodic

    the job was ran last night and I look into the NEXT_DATA column and it still show the date of yesterday which is 03/14/2003, I thought it has to be 03/15/2003 instead.
    Do you know the difference between sysdate and SYSDATE while using dbms_job package???
    sysdate => the time you submitted the job.
    SYSDATE => the time the job was run last.

    For mroe details refer "Oracle8i Supplied PL/SQL Packages Reference"
    -nagarjuna

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bangalore ( India )
    Posts
    2,434
    Originally posted by nagarjuna

    sysdate => the time you submitted the job.
    SYSDATE => the time the job was run last.

    Well havent used DBMS_JOB...but

    It does'nt make sense to keep the date/time as SYSdate then....
    SYSdate=SYSDATE=sysdate= OS system date ( if i think logically ).

    Guys i may be wrong ... in case correct me .

    Abhay.
    Last edited by abhaysk; 03-15-2003 at 04:48 AM.
    funky...

    "I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

    "Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    4,439
    Originally posted by nagarjuna
    Do you know the difference between sysdate and SYSDATE while using dbms_job package???
    sysdate => the time you submitted the job.
    SYSDATE => the time the job was run last.

    For mroe details refer "Oracle8i Supplied PL/SQL Packages Reference"
    ?????

    Wat are you talking about?
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Helsinki. Finland
    Posts
    3,938
    Originally posted by nagarjuna
    Do you know the difference between sysdate and SYSDATE
    Let me guess please! You must press CapsLock if you want to use SYSDATE. Tell me I am right, please, please, please :-)
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    405
    lol @Julian

    mike > Try as I said and post us the result.
    -nagarjuna

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bangalore ( India )
    Posts
    2,434
    Originally posted by nagarjuna
    lol @Julian

    mike > Try as I said and post us the result.
    nagarjuna :

    Be logical.

    Abhay.
    funky...

    "I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

    "Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width