DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What are the basic scripts needed

What are the basic scripts needed

Hi All,
    I just started handling dba responsibilities and I'm in an environment where Oracle is only a year old, and so there are no "dba scripts" in place.

I would like to know how a DB is maintained using scripts. We run Oracle 11.5.7 on Solaris. I see there are a few backup scripts but no scripts which notify a dba of disk space problems or indexes or rollback segments info.

Any feedback is appreciated.

masaimara

Re: What are the basic scripts needed

Originally posted by masaimara
    Hi All,
    I just started handling dba responsibilities and I'm in an environment where Oracle is only a year old, and so there are no "dba scripts" in place.

I would like to know how a DB is maintained using scripts. We run Oracle 11.5.7 on Solaris. I see there are a few backup scripts but no scripts which notify a dba of disk space problems or indexes or rollback segments info.

Any feedback is appreciated.

masaimara

HI

i have ahve many script for day to day, weekly maintances.

cheers,

Re: Re: What are the basic scripts needed

Originally posted by astronoid
    HI

i have many script for day to day, weekly maintances. if you email me i can forword them you.

cheers,

Smile

As I understand you are looking for "Performance Bottleneck Detection" scripts. To cater with day-2-day performance related issues you have to focus on one issue and try to gather as much info. as possible (if u r working on a 24/7 OLTP database).

If you have any such issues then let me know.. perhaps I can share some of my
    maintenance scripts with you.

DB scripts

hi,
    I need to know the daily scripts which r required to be run to check the Database .My Database is based on HP-Ux and Win 2K Operating system

Any help would be appreciated

Anagha