DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Off topic -- what application(s) can be used to open ERWin file?

Off topic -- what application(s) can be used to open ERWin file?

I use ERWin to do logical and physical data modeling, but the company can't afford (and don't need) to buy a license for each application developer, but I do need to share my ERD with them so they can make sure what they want are there.

So beside ERWin itself, what other application(s) can be used to open ERWin file?

Thanks!

If you have a full version of Adobe. You can set up a print driver that creates an adobe document when you print to it. People can then view the ERD with Adobe. You can also print the ERD. Since Erwin supports multiple subject areas you can create subject areas with exactly what each developer wants to see.

And yes it seems to be off target.

If you have one licence of Erwin, then you can create .html of your ERD, and share it with the whole company.

Originally posted by gandolf989 You can set up a print driver that creates an adobe document when you print to it.
    Can you elaborate a bit on this?

Originally posted by gandolf989
    And yes it seems to be off target.
    Since most DBAs do need to work on ERDs more or less, I feel the audience here are the best people I can ask for this kind of questions

Originally posted by irehman
    then you can create .html of your ERD, and share it with the whole company.
    That's exactly what I need to do. How can I do that? I searched the ERWin help, but only see export report to .html file but not the ERD. Is this something new in 4.0?

Thanks!