DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RMAN and netbackup integration

RMAN and netbackup integration

Hi

I am interested in knowin wheather anybody has integrated RMAN with Veritas netbackp..do you have some articles , websitesor expereinces to share with .Do you folks use some kind of shell scripts for integration ?

regards
    Hrishy

Recently we implemented b&r policies using VERITAS on Win 2000 advanced server using RMAN scripts.It is pretty straight forward method.only difference is there are different agents for standalone and clustered servers.
    on different versions of oracle.on 9i u don't have much problem,but on oracle 8i(8.1.7) u may encounter orasbt.dll file problem as the veritas sbt.dll file is not compatible on 8i so u need to change this file on os to run RMAN for successful backup.Still it is under testing stage.But so far it is working fine.

regards
    akhadar

Hi Akahdar

Thank you very much for your response..do you by any chnace use the RMAN scripts supplied by netback that are shipped along with netbackup or you use some customised scripts

regards
    Hrishy

We modified the scripts came along with netbackup as per our requirement. But easily u can integrate your customized scripts along with them.

regards
    akhadar

Hi
    Ya we have configured Veritas Netbackup with oracle 8.0.5 through RMAN running Oracle Applications 11.0.3. On solaris
    We have both modified the existing oracle scripts as well as added our custom scripts.Everything works fine.though we had to apply some patches to get the scheduled backups to work properly

Sam

a new wrinkle...

how about netbackup with RAC? (raw devices)

tks

steve
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message