DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to verify your OCP credential!

How to verify your OCP credential!

How to verify your OCP credential

I am wondering, I some one can verify any body’s OCP credential. If you call Oracle Education, can they help?

Please advices us, if have any contact info to verify OCP credential. I hard, some of the employer want to check this out. I also hard few employers want to know where the OCP test taken.

Thanks,

OraMan
    OCP 8, 8i, & 9i

Currently, Oracle University is working to build an interface that can be used to verify your OCA, OCP or OCM status online.
    At this time, certification status can be verified using the official Oracle Certification Program certificate and/or ID Card that each certified individual is given upon earning their credential.

If there is a need for further validation, please send an email to ocpexam_ww@oracle.com and place "OCP Credential Validation" in your subject line. If possible, include the certified candidate's Prometric ID number, which is their unique identifier.
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--

I have taken a digital photo of all my qualifications which I can email for verification if required by potential employers. Sure it makes for a boring online photo album and I rarely get comments like "ooooo, love what you did with the lighting" but, it's really handly... well, I'm sure it'll come in handy... well, it's better to have and not need then to need and not have.....Nobody's ever going to want to see them are they? *head and shoulders slump*
    Last edited by grjohnson; 02-28-2003 at 01:12 AM.
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

Originally posted by grjohnson
    I have taken a digital photo of all my qualifications which I can email for verification if required by potential employers. Sure it makes for a boring online photo album and I rarely get comments like "ooooo, love what you did with the lighting" but, it's really handly... well, I'm sure it'll come in handy... well, it's better to have and not need then to need and not have.....Nobody's ever going to want to see them are they? *head and shoulders slump*
    I feel a great sadness :(
    Jim
    Oracle Certified Professional
    "Build your reputation by helping other people build theirs."

"Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but its still funny"

Click HERE to vist my website!

Nobody's ever going to want to see them are they?
    Yeahh - go on, post them! . . . and I'll upload some pix of my cat!
    "The power of instruction is seldom of much efficacy except in those happy dispositions where it is almost superfluous" - Gibbon, quoted by R.P.Feynman

From my experience, after you got heir, some employer may want to verify what you put on the resume, and they call Oracle and got run around. Finally HR requested the copy of certifications for their records.

It my opinion that Oracle maintain a web side with all the details so any employer with applicant permission get to review the credential.

Thanks
    OraMan

If you know your stuff you'll impress them at the interview and they won't care about proof of your OCP.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that a trained monkey can pass the OCP so it should have no bearing on employment.

Cheers
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog

Unhappy

Originally posted by TimHall
    a trained monkey

Originally posted by TimHall
    If you know your stuff you'll impress them at the interview and they won't care about proof of your OCP.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that a trained monkey can pass the OCP so it should have no bearing on employment.

Cheers
    oh dear cant be more agree with ya

limey rulez

I have taken a digital photo of all my qualifications which I can email for verification if required by potential employers.
    This is not a bad idea depending on your location.

In Germany, it is required that all references, degrees, and certs be scanned and sent with the application for a permanent position via email or copied and sent via post.

A trained monkey may not feel $100 poorer after passing the 9i upgrade, but unfortunately, i do.
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g