1. Read the release notes.
2. Read the ICG (Installation and configuration Guide) at least thrice for you.
3. export DISPLAY=ipaddress:0.0 (ipaddress of the workstation or server from where you are running the installation)
3. If GUI is not there ask your IBM vendor to install the AIX GUI Desktop first.
4. Apply all the OS patchsets required, don't miss any(ask IBM).
5. Again ask the IBM guy to create a seperate filesystem for oracle, an oracle user, dba group, swap space, sufficient temp space.
and blah blah.... just read the ICG man, long way to go...
Last edited by marist89; 02-24-2003 at 01:33 PM.
Amar "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."