Oracle 8.1.6 Installation on Pentium 4 and WIN2K
I'm trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 Standard edition on a Dell Laptop with Pentium 4 processor and Windows 2000 OS. I'm not getting the installer after the autorun screen. Can anyone help me in this matter.
Lakshmi S Vedala
Here it is. This advice has been posted many times though.
1. Create a temporary directory on your server.
2. Copy the entire contents of the Oracle RDBMS Server CD to the
temporary directory created in step 1.
3. Search the directory structure created in Step 1 for the existence
of the filename symcjit.dll.
4. Rename each copy of the symcjit.dll to symcjit.old.
5. go to the INSTALL folder and edit the file named oraparam.ini( oracle817\install\oraparam.ini)
6. open this file and
7. Run the ./runInstaller and install Oracle 8.1.x and related products.
Thank you very much. The installation went on fine. But I had to create database manually, I'm not able to invoke database configuration assistant and Net8 Assistant.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width