DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: import error

import error

Hi everyone,

I am trying to move my databases from one Solaris 8 system to another (Oracle 8.1.7 on old system and 8.1.7.4 on new). I am having trouble with one import. Specifically I run the import on a clean instance (ctrl files, tblspaces and rbs files created) The thing that makes this import different is that there is a user and schema in the export that utilizes a tablespace that I didn't create - and don't want to create (the user is left over from a past conversion and I would prefer it be ignored) The tablespace isn't automatically created during the import because the mount points are different. So all of the errors in my log file are expected but the export doesn't seem to finish - it terminates unsucessfully. The last error message before termination is

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1435 encountered
    ORA-01435: user does not exist
    IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

Only 32 of the 1253 objects for my main user are imported. Is there a limit on the number of errors you can get while importing before it fails (I'm guessing this missing tablespace may have something to do with it)? If I re-run the import using the fromuser and touser parameters it works but there are so many other users that doing it this way would be a long process.

Any ideas?

Maybe the 1435 error is treated differently to the usual import errors (object already existsetc). A workaround might be to create the user (to avoid a 1435) and re-run the import, letting if fail on "tablespace dos not exist"
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE