I am executing a stored procedure that select from a remote database and and inserts the data in my development database(based on a certain criteria). I recieved this error when the procedure executed:
ORA-02041: client database did not begin a transaction
Only inserts, no updates
Any idea what went wrong? How can I fix it?
NOTE: My every 500 records inserted, I do a commit
How are you accessing the remote database thru your procedure.
Are you using DB_LINK. If yes check with the remote database whether it is up and running.
The procedure code would also help analysing the problem.
Any resolution to this or anyone else have any ideas?
I just got pinged on the same problem happening in one of the projects here and I didn't have anything for them.
Any help is appreciated,
Check metalink note 98347.1. Seems to be an ODBC/OCI combo.
Unfortunately, I cannot get to metalink - can you give me the basic idea of the issue?
Suggestion from metalink:
-------------------- Upgrade to the latest ODBC driver and enable the option 'Disable MTS
support' in the DSN configuration. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> ODBC Administrator
2. Select the DSN you are using, then click the Configure button.
3. You should see the 'Disable MTS support 'option listed in the 'Workarounds'
section. If you do not see this option, you are probably not on the latest
4. It is sometimes necessary to either drop and recreate the DSN and/or
table link in MSAccess, as MSAccess appears to cache DSN settings.
I had the same problem calling an Oracle's store procedure from ASP.
The soulution was to "Disable the MTS" option in the ODBC.
Thank you very much!
Regards and congratulations.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width