DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TOAD 7.1.7.21 gives 'Invalid variant operation'

Question TOAD 7.1.7.21 gives 'Invalid variant operation'

Subj, when trying to look at table script in TOAD`s schema browser. Oracle version is 9.2.0.2 64 bit.

The best part is - it`s able to show some tables but on the majority of them gives this error message and it does not matter if I was connected as schema owner or as SYSTEM. And I cannot get any correlation or specific rule how does it happen. I`m pretty much sure that dictionary is OK and there is no invalid objects in this database.

Did anybody get something like this before? Is it bug or feature?
    What would be a solution?

I saw this message in 7.1 Toad bug fix list, but it was related to tablespace alter function, as far as I remember, and I didn`t see anything like this yet and it looks like google gave nothing as well.

Re: TOAD 7.1.7.21 gives 'Invalid variant operation'

Originally posted by utkinpol
    Subj, when trying to look at table script in TOAD`s schema browser. Oracle version is 9.2.0.2 64 bit.

The best part is - it`s able to show some tables but on the majority of them gives this error message and it does not matter if I was connected as schema owner or as SYSTEM. And I cannot get any correlation or specific rule how does it happen. I`m pretty much sure that dictionary is OK and there is no invalid objects in this database.

Did anybody get something like this before? Is it bug or feature?
    What would be a solution?

I saw this message in 7.1 Toad bug fix list, but it was related to tablespace alter function, as far as I remember, and I didn`t see anything like this yet and it looks like google gave nothing as well.
    OK, it dies if you check the 'storage' box. It`s not important, but what IS important - this thing dies as well if you try to do
    'Database-Export-Table Scripts' operation and this really sucks.

Does anybody know what would be a workaround?

Re: Re: TOAD 7.1.7.21 gives 'Invalid variant operation'

Originally posted by utkinpol
    OK, it dies if you check the 'storage' box. It`s not important, but what IS important - this thing dies as well if you try to do
    'Database-Export-Table Scripts' operation and this really sucks.

Does anybody know what would be a workaround?
    OK, workaround found - TOAD 7.4.0.3...

I wouldn't expect too many responses since you ticked off two of the most knowlegeable people on this site... http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...8&pagenumber=3
    Jeff Hunter

Invalid variant operation

All you have to do is, in the schema browser UNCHECK the storage checkbox.

Regards

Jude Patrick
    Megasoft Ltd.

For Export - Table Script all you need to do is UNCHECK "include table space info"

umm no offence, but I doubt he is checking it after 2 years