DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prometric Server Failures

After two reboots an and hours delay finally did the test!!!!

52/57 so reasonably happy with that.
    Well done, Nick! How many exams missing now?

On the rare occasions I can actually get on the site, OTN20 works fine. Gets entered in the Voucher or Promotion Code box on the same page where you enter a credit card number. Would be interesting, but I wouldn't put it past them to do a different thing for another country.

Oh well, supposedly all booked now. Best get some sleep since the test is in exactly 8 hours!
    I know it may be off-topic, since Oracle only works with Prometric, but... regarding other certification brands, what do you guys have to tell about VUE?

Do they work fine or are just another Prometric-like site? Maybe I'll try MCDBA this year and Microsoft gives the option between Prometric and VUE...
    Last edited by adrianomp; 02-04-2003 at 01:59 PM.
    An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
    —Friedrich Engels

Thanks all for the congrats. Much appreciated.

Adriano, just NA to go and that's me done.

I spoke to the people at the testing centre and apart from the fact that they don't get paid anything for OCP exams until they get 35 candidates a month, they reckoned Prometric was the worst by far for booking and administration.

To give Prometric their due, they have just released a new "system" which is clearly causing them problems over and above the usual issues.

What gets me is their standard response of "Nothing we can do".

Cheers

What gets me is their standard response of "Nothing we can do".
    I can understand that. Luckily, the girl who takes care of the exams on the test center I usually choose saved my life twice because of Prometric's system even with the fact that it wasn't her problem. At least she got a nice christmas gift and many, many thanks. If you think about how many people she must already have helped, she definitely deserves much more.

About the "new system", the guys on Prometric are telling me the same thing since August 2002 until last month (6 months!). In other words, a company which deals with advanced technology professionals isn't able to deal with the technology itself. Pretty Ironic. :
    An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
    —Friedrich Engels

Originally posted by adrianomp
    At least she got a nice christmas gift :
    I'm tempted to suggest some inuendo here but I'm sure that would be far beneath the rest of the members

Having met the lady at The Ipswich test centre, the best she can hope for is a bunch of flowers

'... sound of footsteps' "No nothing dear, nothing at all honestly! aaaagh"

Originally posted by ngdh
    After two reboots an and hours delay finally did the test!!!!

52/57 so reasonably happy with that.

Greg
    Thanks for the encouragement but we just got our pre visa grant letter so hopefully we will be living in Sunny Oz by August. No job of course but what the hey! Where do you go to get a potato pickers cert?

Cheers all
    Nick, that's a great score I reckon, you must be relieved to have that one behind you. Does that make only one left?

That also great news about the visa, down under in August, the Darling Downs in South East Queensland have a large Potato Picking Union you can join, tough guidelines though, and the initiation...well, I didn't even know you could do that with a Potato , but the BIG money's in Peanut Picking in another Qld town called Kingaroy ... personally though, I think you'd have to be nuts to go there.

Anyway, in all seriousness, we'll have to catch up when I get over to England in April, I'll give you some tips on living in Oz, and show you how to Drink Beer... or is that Lager!
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia