DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prometric Server Failures

Prometric Server Failures

Just a warning to you guys planning to take tests at any testing centre.

Prometric's servers have been up and down like a (fill in the blank!) over the last two weeks. Concept of failover protection seems to be alien to them!

I turned up for P/T this morning having scheduled the exam over the phone with Prometric.

The monkey at the test centre had me logged for a test but didn't check the exam had been downloaded. The net result that I will have to take more time off to cover their dumb asses.

Moral of this story. Until Prometrtic have sorted their servers out, I would advise anyone to ring their testing centre 24 hours in adavance and confirm the test has been downloaded.

Regards and good luck to all

Nick

I had problem as well when booking a test 2 weeks ago : the "server" just crashed at the end : had to call back and do everything again
    ( I suggested her to change their system to Oracle )

When I arrived at the testcenter, my exam was booked for 12.30 when the test center closes at 12!....a bit of a pain when you're far from home!
    If there is no solution, it is because there is no problem - Shadok -

I'm not surprised at all... every time I need Prometric, they fail me. They cancelled exams I cleared without warning, changed some personal information and even linked my login and password to another user.

Luckily, I never had any problems on test center. I'll be aware, anyway.
    An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
    —Friedrich Engels

Ohhh Yess, this just gets better.

Prometric say the exam wasn't available as my card was declined. Interesting as my card company has confirmed they took the payment....TWICE.

Then just to top that off, the testing center has never heard of OTN20 promotion code!!!!

Exam scheduled for tomorrow (yet another payment taken). I'm gonna be so pissed if I fail it after all this hassle.

My experience has been better, but not without flaws.

Prometric billed my credit card for $100, but gave me a receipt for $125 which is favorable for taxes, but i would prefer that it was correct instead.

Luckily, the certificate arrived in two weeks.
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

Then just to top that off, the testing center has never heard of OTN20 promotion code!!!!
    Did you use code OTN20 on 2test.com ? It didn't work for me... I had to contact Oracle directly by phone and provide my OTN login. Then, they gave me the voucher number which I used on 2test.com. The payment order was sent by mail 20 days later, no credit card needed.

IMHO, a better option than trust Prometric.
    An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
    —Friedrich Engels

Originally posted by adrianomp
    Did you use code OTN20 on 2test.com ?
    On the rare occasions I can actually get on the site, OTN20 works fine. Gets entered in the Voucher or Promotion Code box on the same page where you enter a credit card number. Would be interesting, but I wouldn't put it past them to do a different thing for another country.

Oh well, supposedly all booked now. Best get some sleep since the test is in exactly 8 hours!

Cheers

Nick

Good luck Nick mate, hope you pass the exam tomorrow.
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

After two reboots an and hours delay finally did the test!!!!

52/57 so reasonably happy with that.

Greg
    Thanks for the encouragement but we just got our pre visa grant letter so hopefully we will be living in Sunny Oz by August. No job of course but what the hey! Where do you go to get a potato pickers cert?

Cheers all

well done Nick!
    If there is no solution, it is because there is no problem - Shadok -