DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: free memory in unix

free memory in unix

Hi All

i have sun solaris and didgital unix machines ..i would like to know what commnads these machines offer to find the amount free memory in them..just like the way linux offers freemem command..we dont have top on these machines..so i am lookin for somethin other than top..

regards
    Hrishy

Digital Unix????
    Am asking u coz its our company's product....

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

It used to be. Was Compaq a year ago and now HP.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Hi

well i have around 25 machines here which are sun solaris and digital Unix tru 64 which is now taken over by HP..i am trying to do some cool stuff ...like nagios and automate as much as possible..not exactly releated to DBA..but here there is no difference between DBA and SA ;-D.and i am just tooo too lazy to telnet to all machines and before that install top on all those machines..i am thinking maybe there could be some other alternative to top ;-D

regards
    Hrishy

Originally posted by hrishy
    Hi

well i have around 25 machines here which are sun solaris and digital Unix tru 64 which is now taken over by HP..i am just tooo too lazy to telnet to all machines and before that install top on all those machines..i am thinking maybe there could be some other alternative to top ;-D

regards
    Hrishy
    Write perl script...to automatically initiate Telnet session & run the exe's which u want to run on that host machine...

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Originally posted by SANJAY_G
    It used to be. Was Compaq a year ago and now HP.
    Sanjay :

It still is propreitry to DIGITAL.
    Yes Compaq took over Digital Equip Tech many years ago....n nnow HP in turn...but we still have our own identity...

Abhay.
    funky...

Re: free memory in unix

Originally posted by hrishy
    Hi All

i have sun solaris and didgital unix machines ..i would like to know what commnads these machines offer to find the amount free memory in them..
    regards
    Hrishy
    For Digital Unix - command is "DF"

Abhay.
    funky...

hrishy,

On Solaris, the command prstat will provide you wilth information similar to TOP. The difference is that prstat is included with a vanilla Solaris install (i.e native to the OS). There is a man page for prstat that explains the command line options.

prstat -a (continuous loop like top)
    alapps

Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick Two(2)

Originally posted by abhaysk
    Sanjay :

It still is propreitry to DIGITAL.
    Yes Compaq took over Digital Equip Tech many years ago....n nnow HP in turn...but we still have our own identity...

Abhay.
    Abhay,
    I don't know about the Digital's operations in India but here I have Alpha boxes on Tru64 and all support is provided by Compaq/HP. Yes the logos on the boxes still show Digital
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Hi,

Use "swapon -a" or "vmstat -P"

Thanks
    sumit