DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Advanced replication - what is the difference between standard and enterprise edition

Hybrid View

newbie5 is offline Call me super inquisitive

Advanced replication - what is the difference between standard and enterprise edition

We are configuring two win2000 servers as multimaster replication boxes..

my question is regarding the edition.. would standard edition be enough.. the database has lobs.. but it is not big.. only 2G...

What features would I lose if I go for standard which is $15K versus enterprise ($40K)..From what I heard...you can not do multimaster replication without writing lot of PL/SQL code in standard edition..

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs.../ch4.htm#73594
    Adv Replication is an extra feature to be bought seperately doesn't comes with Enterprise Edition
    Last edited by sreddy; 01-25-2003 at 11:51 AM.
    Reddy,Sam

newbie5 is offline Call me super inquisitive
    The table shows standard edition does not support multimaster replication while basic replication (single master - multiple snapshot sites) is supported by all editions.

Does this mean that there is difference between replication option available for install on standard and enterprise editions?

Yes. You simply can't install/use Advanced Replication Option with Standard edition.

Mind you that Advanced Replication Option is a separate add-on option which you must licence separately. Basic replication on the other side is built into the core database product in both Standard and Enterprise edition
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?