DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Create tablespace

Create tablespace

I understand the syntax in creating a tablespace but can someone explain what is the difference is in creating a tablespaces in server manager and sqlplus.

Many thanks
    gjb

It is like creating a text file in Notepad and Word. However, get used to Server Manager not being around anymore (as in the release of 9i).

Talking

Similarities: Both create a tablespace in your database.
    Differences: One of them (svrmgr) has been already shown the exit door in 9i.
    Agasimani
    OCP(10g/9i/8i/8)

Lightbulb

The not much different. yes but the differnt is when u create a tablespace in oms. where u will have gui. and life of a dba will be easy . even u can see the sql syntax. in case if u want ot create tablespace using sqlplus . u can . the different is u have do it by your own
    abdulkhadeer

Originally posted by abdulkhadeer
    The not much different. yes but the differnt is when u create a tablespace in oms. where u will have gui. and life of a dba will be easy . even u can see the sql syntax. in case if u want ot create tablespace using sqlplus . u can . the different is u have do it by your own

hmm who asked about using GUI...? he asked server manager and sqlplus, both command line tools