DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: installing 9ias for a second time after uninstall

installing 9ias for a second time after uninstall

Ok,

I am trying to install a brand new clean 9ias release 2 infrastructure install. I did a complete un-install and clean out all the directories. I even cleaned some but not all registry settings.

However, when I do to install 9ias for the second time, it detects the previous install, more specifically the previous user that installed it. Now I am using a different user ( i need to) and it is telling me to exit the installation and log in with the initial user.

What can I do besides re-building Windows from the ground up??
    Are there more registry settings I need to clean out?
    Some of the settings I could not delete from the registry.

Thanks,
    Todd

Smile

Unless you clean up all HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> ORACLE registry entries (if no other Oracle products remain on your box), the un-install is not clean.

Some Oracle running services may be still running, and if they are using the registry keys you will be getting these errors. Make sure all Oracle services are stopped, look in Task Manager for some processes which might use these registry entries.

Also delete the ODBC - Oracle entries. Of course don't forget - C:\Program Files\Oracle directory - the location of the OUI inventory entries. Check C:\Temp for some left overs too. All this is well described in This article

Hope that helps,

clio_usa

OCP 8/8i/9i DBA

Visit our Web Site

Also check for existing services in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>ControlSet001,ControlSet002 and CurrentControlSet>Services.

see if oracle services are there. And if you are going for fresh installation just remove the Oracle services namely OracleORACLE_HOMEAgent, OracleORACLE_HOMETNSListener etc.

But be careful when you play with the registry :-) (take a backup of ur registry)

Then try installing.
    HTH
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

have you cleaned oraInventory just in case?