DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is oracle docs good enough?

Is oracle docs good enough?

Hi all,

I am preparing to install Oracle 8i on Linux 7.2 . I was wondering if the Oracle documentation is good enough for a beginer like me. A lot of people have recommended against it. It seems to be flooded with information. Just wnated a second opinion on what you Gurus have to say.

Thanks in advance

Unless you find a step-by-step guide someone has written up that strips out what you don't need, what else would you use?

But what an excellent learning opportunity you have before you! Read the install guide, take notes, and give it a try. You'll learn a lot more that way. Really.

Hi,
    i think its's good but ...

+ To less complete examples
    + Searching over and over when something did not work ( for example materlized views )
    Orca

Hi

I agree for a begineer oracle documentation is initimidating..you cannot epect it to read over night..and be a oracle guru...even experienced DBA's read it daily for a hour or so..I suggest you first start off with some books like beginning oracle 9i or somethin..or ORACLE 101..then start on the concepts manual..from there on you can decide for yourself..

For linux and oracle..you can visit this site which has linux to oracle installtion on linux

http://www.palslib.com/Oracle/Installation.html

regards
    Hrishy

Jim
    Oracle Certified Professional
    "Build your reputation by helping other people build theirs."

"Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but its still funny"

Click HERE to vist my website!