DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: local managed tablespace??

local managed tablespace??

The database is default to local managed tablespaces. I was not able to modify the initial extend. Is there a way that I can modify the initial extend in order for me to create the table?

The question is not clear, why do you need to modify the initial extent for a tablespace in order to create a table. Once the tablespace is created you cannot modify the initial extent.

there is no 'initial extent' as such

it was most likely created with uniform extents of a certain size

dont believe you can change those

When I created 9.2 database not realizing it was default to Local Managed Tablespace instead of Dictionary Managed Tablespace. Then, I performed a 9.0.1's full import to 9.2 database. Some of the tables were not able to created due to error
    "ORA-03237: Initial Extent of specified size cannot be allocated in tablespace...".

I went to the tablespace and modified the initial extend using the storage clause and received another error:
    "ORA-25143: default storage clause is not compatible with allocation policy"

How can I increase the initial extend??

the initial extent clause of the create table statement is too large for the tablespace

i.e. would take you past the size of the tablespace, which you errm can't do

either reduce the initial extent size of the table, or better still remove it so it takes tablespace defaults

Also why do you want DMT's instead of LMT's. LMT's are 'better'

I am 99% sure you exported with compress=y so now when you import it wants to create huge segments with a single huge extent (in origin it was probably many extents)

If I was you I probably export again with compress=n