DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need info

need info

wass meta link that u guys talk of....

wher do i get?

it might be silly Q....but i dunoo wass it.

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Talking

OracleMetalink is Oracle Support Services' premier web support service. OracleMetalink is FREE for Oracle customers with current product support contracts. OracleMetalink leverages the Internet for quick and immediate access to technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. OracleMetalink allows you to access support whenever and wherever you need so you can enhance productivity and minimize business disruption.

*Log, view, access and monitor TARs (Technical Assistance Requests) online
    *Search a global repository of technical knowledge
    *Get automatic skill based routing of your TARs
    *Query the bug database for known issues
    *Download patches and patch sets

If your company has an active support contract for their Oracle licenses, you can register @http://metalink.oracle.com

Originally posted by roman33
    OracleMetalink is Oracle Support Services' premier web support service. OracleMetalink is FREE for Oracle customers with current product support contracts. OracleMetalink leverages the Internet for quick and immediate access to technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. OracleMetalink allows you to access support whenever and wherever you need so you can enhance productivity and minimize business disruption.

*Log, view, access and monitor TARs (Technical Assistance Requests) online
    *Search a global repository of technical knowledge
    *Get automatic skill based routing of your TARs
    *Query the bug database for known issues
    *Download patches and patch sets

If your company has an active support contract for their Oracle licenses, you can register @http://metalink.oracle.com

Very Nice information you did suggested.

But could you further throw some more freedom in accessing the METALINK.ORACLE>COM
    As you have suggested If your company has an active support contract for their Oracle licenses, you can register @http://metalink.oracle.com If your company has an active support contract for their Oracle licenses, you can register @http://metalink.oracle.com

Will it be possible to get the ICQ number on my personal computer without mentioning such number

Thanks in advance for your courtesy

VAST

Originally posted by vastdba
    Will it be possible to get the ICQ number on my personal computer without mentioning such number

Thanks in advance for your courtesy

VAST
    What does ICQ has to do with Metalink ??

Metalink is Oracle's support website. If you have valid Oracle licenses and annual maintenance contract with Oracle you can access this facility.
    Check this doc for more info..
    http://www.oracle.com/support/MetalinkSV.pdf

HTH
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Are you suggesting someone gives you their CSI number so that you can hav access to it?

Don't think thats gonna happen

Originally posted by davey23uk
    Are you suggesting someone gives you their CSI number so that you can hav access to it?

Don't think thats gonna happen

I know that will not be the case definetly. But when I submit the number from my personal PC at AUTHORIZED work place it saying as metalink error.

That's my meaning.

VAST

I got access to metalink now.....

but am still not able to figure out where i can get the notes....

i mean i gave the note number in the Search text....but it not giving any result.

i wanted to go thru pdf link....but its not getting downloaded....

can any 1 please guide me to view the metalink notes?

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"