DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: install 9i R2 on Windows XP

Originally posted by dragon99
    That is exactly my question.
    I want to know who defines the size of TEMP directory. I would assume the TEMP directory could use as much as it is available to it. It never occurred to me before. By the way, my TEMP directory right now is 4MB. it could grow as large as less than 32MB. I want to know how I can change the parameter to, say 75MB.
    As long as you have free space in the disk hoding your temp directory it can grow. Check the environment variable pointing to TEMP directory.

HTH
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Check the security settings of the Folder if it has right permissions.

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Yes, I checked everything including making sure that TEMP env set to c:\TEMP and folder permission to read and write. I tried to install 9i R1(Base Release) and it worked fine with no problem at all. I will find out if I can upgrade to R2 later. Thanks all for your help.