DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doubts on Oracle v8i/9i live case scenarios!

Sorry, i have Amitsora confused with someone else.

It seems that the forum is due for another OCP vs anti-OCP semi flame war. It´s been at least a few months.
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

Here is an example of the "help" he has provided:

Configurations for installing Oracle v9i.
    Hi all!

Query:

1.What are the minimum hardware configurations required to install Oracle v9i on WIN2K/NT like
    RAM size,Disk space,etc.,

Will Oracle v9i 9.0.1 work without any problems with RAM size 128MB or it requires 256 MB.

Regards,

Amit.

can someone please shoot this horse and put this thread to bed :-)
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

Originally posted by pando
    Oh no, do a search and see how many he helped, a big ZERO

And most of time you answer his question and he never gets back to you and if you are in more Oracle forums you can see he cross posting in all of them. The truth is everytime I see his post I simply ignore it... because I know it's useless helping him

So no, no contribution whatsoever from this member
    Pando :

Am not talking in body's favour.....but 1 thing

NOT EVERY BODY IS BRILLIANT......HAS LIMITATIONS.

u guys r all good DBA's but do think of DBA whos performance is below avg....as u think...
    But suerly he/she will be BRILLIANT at some other points.

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Have I talked about brillant people here? I was saying if someone only expect help from others and never help others in the long run things will turn against him.

Think about it, when you help others you also expect them to help you at sometime and as I said before if you do a search you can see perfectly that the mentioned member's contribution is ZERO. All his posts was questions and if you look the threads he rarely goes back to the post, asks and forget about it so what's the point helping someone when he is not even going to read?

Pando :

thas okie....but wat i wanted to tell was not all r brillant as many of the guys here were telling ...the Qs asked by amit r silly n all......

Forget it n we will stop here......

But even though that guy dosent help, does it call us to not help him.......

Infact if Qs posted were to be challanging, then it wud be learning exp for us....so no harm in seeing his post atleast n if u feel its challaging then help.....
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"