DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: INCTYPE Export On Individual Tables?

Hybrid View

INCTYPE Export On Individual Tables?

Hi,
    I need to export some specific tables from 1 database to another in Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris 8. The source db is our production db. I don't need all the tables in our production db, since we are just moving the tables for a specific app.
    I'd like to do a full export of the tables, move them to the new database, then "shutdown" access to the db from the app and do a cumulative export of any changes since the full export.
    I thought I could do this with export using INCTYPE=complete on each table, then use INCTYPE=cumlative at shutdown time, but Oracle reports a EXP-00021: can only perform incremental export in Full Database mode error.
    I would perfer not to export the Full database as there is tables I don't want or need. I just need to move specific tables to the new database, with a minimum of down time and be happy doing it.
    Any ideas?
    Ken Hammer

In any case, INCTYPE=cumulative will export all the data for a changed table, not only the changed rows.

You are better off exporting the whole table everytime.

We are trying to limit the down time of the application that these tables support. It takes about 2-3 hours to export the tables.
    By doing a cumulitive for the second export, we get just the rows that change, and this is what we want.
    Ken Hammer