DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Notify Script running status

Notify Script running status

Hello all,
    Does anyone configure the database so that it can automatically notify status of the job to the administrator ? Inside the Script, there are many sub sql script. If any of the sub task is fail, I need to notify the administrator.

What is the best tool to accomplish this task ? What are the minimum software requirement needed ?

Your advice is very much appreciated.

Regards,
    ckwan

if your batch job is PL/SQL you can use dbms_application_info to monitor the process

hi,
    I managed to send mail from Oracle database but the problem facing now is the mail only can send to those internal user using the same domain name. When I send to external user like XXX@hotmail.com I will get the error message...

ORA-29279: SMTP permanent error: 550 not local host hotmail.com, not a gateway
    ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 17
    ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 98
    ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_SMTP", line 240
    ORA-06512: at line 14

Does anyone encounter same error like the above ?

Thanks

Hi

What it basically menas is that your smpt server does not know how to send mail to the gateway to route the mail to the domain hotmail.You need to tell your smtp server to relay your mail to the gateway...

You can try this test go to to your mail server and try sending a mail to xxx@hotmail.com you would see that your mail isnt delivered.So you need to tell your mail server about your mail gateway..ask your sysadmin to do that ;-D

regards
    Hrishy

Thanks for the information.