DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dbt, when Importing the data Urgent!!!

Thumbs up Dbt, when Importing the data Urgent!!!

Hi all,
    I' ve one dbt in Import..
    I tell the exact scenario what I had..
    When, I was importing a table's data, I just stopped the process using CTL+C due to some reason.. so, the import was stopped in between..some 30k records were been inserted still, 70k records need to be imported..
    Is it possible to continue the Import from where i stopped inserting to insert the rest of the data's..
    thanx in advance..
    bye
    Pratheesh

Hi !
    If you launch the import again then the import will try to insert all the rows of each table ... But if your tables have primary key constraints, you will receive an error message for constraint's violation but if you have specified IGNORE=Y parameter, the import will continue inserting the other rows ...
    Hope this help !

It is risk if you don't have the primary key and will result in duplicate records.
    Sathish

what i would suggest is u drop the table that was created table and run the import for that table again.
    Eat , Drink & Enjoy life -

pravin_kini@hotmail.com

Hi All,
    I think if you specify ignore = Y..it will just see if that object has been imprted or not..if it has been then it will go for the next object...If a table is partly imported then in that case the object.. the table structure is imported but not its all contents in such a case it will ignore the remaining rows... in such a case you will have to continue the import.. and for this particular table selectively import the remaining rows..

Pls correct me if I am wrong..

Hope this helps,

Paddy

Originally posted by paddy04
    Hi All,
    I think if you specify ignore = Y..it will just see if that object has been imprted or not..if it has been then it will go for the next object...If a table is partly imported then in that case the object.. the table structure is imported but not its all contents in such a case it will ignore the remaining rows... in such a case you will have to continue the import.. and for this particular table selectively import the remaining rows..

Pls correct me if I am wrong..

Hope this helps,

Paddy
    If ignore=y is specified , imp tries to create the object and if existing..will ignore it.
    If there has been a part import and if the table has constraints in place, all duplicate rows also will be rejected and rest will be inserted. If the table has no constraints, all the data will be loaded.
    Vinit

Just truncate the table and re-do the import, keep it simple.

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.