DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WEIRD problem

WEIRD problem

Hi all,

from what I understand, when you connect to the database you suppose to have one session under processes, right??? so let say if you do a select query and let assume this tables is huge and you look into process again you suppose to have two session untill that query is finished and then you have only one right ????

that's what I understand but for some reason, I connect to the database and running a huge query and I still have only one session instead of two. But someone in my company from differnt state connect to the same database and run the same query and I saw two session open belong to that user.

what's going on here??? can someone tell me what happened???

any comments????

Maybe parallel query?
    Jeff Hunter

Wink

May be he knows how to connect to your database twice or open second session which does not have to run someting?
    Last edited by kgb; 12-06-2002 at 04:12 PM.
    Best wishes!
    Dmitri

why dont u ask the user if she connects twice? maybe she connects via an pplication that makes 2 connections
    "High Salaries = Happiness = Project Success."

no he doesn't connect to the database twice. and Jeff, it's not the parallel query, he ran the same thing of what I ran

Logically, if you have one connection open and you run a huge query, was it suppose to have only one session open in processes or we suppose to have two process (one is our connection, the one is the process that running the query and that process will be there until the query finish)

I want to confirm with you guys