DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Regarding Batch Job to retrieve data from Client DB to our local DB

Regarding Batch Job to retrieve data from Client DB to our local DB

Hi Folks,

GoodDay, Previously I worked as a Oracle Developer and recently shifted into a BIG organisation as PL?SQL developer. Here my base work is with INTERFACES(Stored Procedure). That is retrieving data from client DB and need to put the data in our staging tables. For that i created 2 INTERFACES(stored procedures). One is for one time migration. No need to run on regular basis. The second one is to run regularly why because if any updations are done in client DB that should be replicate to our DB. For that we need to run a BATCH JOB regulary 24X7 basis.

But i dont have any working knowledge on BATCH JOB creation and running. Please let me guide on this issue ASAP.

Regards,
    Ramesh.

You can develop procedures that may be executed in "your DB" at regual interval.
    You have plenty of options to execute the procedures:
    1. DBMS_SCHEDULER
    2. DBMS_JOB
    3. Shell Scripts.

Thanks for your reply, Actually i have created 2 procedures.

1. One time migration of data from client Db to our source. It will run only once.

2. Will run once in 24 hrs to reflect the updations, which are made in client DB to our source DB.

Previously i have no working knowledge on BATCH JOB creation and runing. Any advise on this is very helpful for me.

Thanking you in Advance,
    Ramesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammi
    ... i have no working knowledge on BATCH JOB creation and runing.
    Is it an Unix or Windows based environment?

Either way, better to get familiar with scripting, shell scripting or DOS scripting depending on your environment being Unix or Windows based.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Post Regarding BATCH JOB

Our server OS is UNIX and Oracle product version is 9i.

If possible please let me know both scripts. I mean to say for Windows and UNIX environment.

Please reply ASAP..

Thanks in Advance!
    Ramesh.

a script for what? its your job - use the tools available

you choices are

dbms_job

Thanks buddy!